Friday, July 10, 2009

No More Waiting

When I was about to start this blog -- waiting to start this blog, as it were -- I realized that most of my adult life has been spent waiting on other people. Waiting on my father's work to turn around so I could afford to go back to school. Waiting for my father to get another job so I could start my life. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

I am done with waiting. I've had friends try and try repeatedly to drill it into my head that I have no obligations to put my life on hold indefinitely to take care of my family. It wasn't until recently, though, that I could see a way around it. I was always conflicted, wanting to start my life and at the same time unable to imagine simply abandoning the responsibilities I have taken on.

And then I thought...why can't I have both?

Recent events, while immensely painful, have also opened doors in my life. I've thought about it, cried about it, and prayed about it, and I decided I'm going to do it. I'm going to move on, finally, from everything. I'm going to buy a car of my own, go back to school, and try to pick up the pieces to my broken heart along the way. I'm going to support my family but live my own life, too.

So that's the general idea here. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to do it, but luckily I have some amazing people in my life that I know will provide the support -- or the swift kick in the bum -- that I need to find my way.

To find Sarah...

No comments:

Post a Comment